9.08.2011

Gore Bike Wear Product Review - Part 2 of 3

Next up in my Gore Bike Wear product review is....

Gore Bike Wear Xenon AS Jacket



Designed specifically for your posture, the Xenon is a tight race style jacket that is not designed for those who love to pack a ton of stuff in their back pockets. This jacket will keep you dry and is cut tight to prevent the extra fabric from acting like a wind sail and slowing you down.

It has 1 small back pocket, is designed with Windstopper material to keep you dry, has no hood and has an extra long back to prevent your backside from the elements.



One other nice touch is the velcro cuffs - which is a nice touch to keep the rain out and also to help regulate your body heat as well.

Gore Bike Wear Oxygen AS Jacket



The Oxygen has got to be one of my all time favorite wind and waterproof cycling jackets. No hood or pockets, slim cut fit and made of Gore-Tex Paclite material, the jacket is designed to keep you warm and dry when space is tight.

Jacket has a tight fit, with no excess material to slow you down and has an anatomical fit to prevent bunching in critical areas. It is designed to keep you dry when it's wet and to breathe to prevent sweating when it's not.



Oh, and did I mention that they even sealed up the zippers to prevent the elements from getting to you? Which is more then I can say for my "weather proof" backpack. Just a few weeks ago, I was caught in a severe rain and thunderstorm, so out came the Oxygen from my trusty backpack that also held my digital camera. A complete torrential downpour later, my upper body was still dry - but my camera was fried.

Enough said. I heart my Gore Bike Wear Oxygen jacket.

No comments: